Sunday, January 10, 2010

WTF???

so i was cruising right along... feeling good... doing what i needed to do... and then it all fell apart. i haven't exercised or tracked my food since thursday... and my eating has been pretty bad. i've been trying to figure out WHY and i've come up with a few things.

first, my husband left town on thursday night, so i've been home alone. we went out to dinner before he left and i logged my food and was over on calories. but that was ok because i lifted weights and did a spin class that day, so i really wasn't too concerned. but when i got home from dropping him off at the airport at 11:30pm, instead of just going to bed, i ate some leftovers from dinner the night before... which put me WAY over on calories for the day. i ended up staying up way too late, and had to get up for work in the morning... plus i had plans to go out to lunch AND out for drinks after work for a friends birthday. not enough sleep + not my usual meal plan + drinks = bad news! should've had a light dinner, but instead i polished off the rest of the leftovers from wednesday night! and yesterday i didn't have any of my usual foods (going grocery shopping shortly!!), so was eating whatever was around... not good.

for some reason, when i'm home alone, i seem to get it into my head that i can go off plan. and what's bizarre is that it's not like my husband CARES what i eat, so why i feel compelled to eat crap when he's NOT here is just beyond me. i don't think i'm lonely... but maybe i am. and i'm sure the lack of sleep & drinks just made it that much easier for me to not care.

another thing that i thought about is that i've started reading beck diet for life, which i'm really hoping is going to help me get my head on straight. but i think there's part of me that looks at actually starting the work as another diet day 1... so i need to eat all the crap that i won't be able to eat anymore. i know... totally backwards since that totally NOT what beck is about!

so, what am i going to do now? clearly i have some work to do! i did go out today and got the supplies i need for beck (cards, journal, etc), and i'm about to plan the menu for the week and go grocery shopping. i'm going to log the food i've had so far today and get back on the wagon with that, too.

i hate that i have to fight myself to do what i need to do. why can't my brain just get on board with this???

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you're saying, especially because she encourages you not to worry about food yet until you've done all of her strategies well for 2 weeks or something.. The only thing about that is, for me, I am better able to do the strategies if I'm watching what I eat. Just hop right back on plan - no harm done.. If you keep staying off, well we all know that I know what kind of harm that does. I just keep thinking to myself - if I would have caught myself within a week of messing up, or a month of messing up, and so on I wouldn't be back where I am today!! Good luck.. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete