Thursday, January 14, 2010

day 2 check-in

well, today went pretty well. i weighed myself this morning and was down 1.2 lbs from yesterday (and back to my pre-weekend WTF weight). i made a point of eating more slowly today, though i did still eat at my desk at lunch. when i was cleaning up after dinner last night, i resisted the urge to just have a few more bites... i was done eating and wasn't sitting down, so no nibbles for me. i must say, i was pretty proud of myself for that. i did have a little slip up this morning when i was getting my food ready for the day and i licked the spoon i had used to dish out a snack. i did it automatically without even thinking, but as soon as i did it, i realized that even though there was virtually nothing on the spoon... that's part of the habit that i need to break.

it was my friend's birthday today, and she wanted to go out for a drink after work. my initial response was to say no, but then i looked at my food for the day and decided that i could make it fit into my plan. i had two drinks and 2 pieces of a 6 inch pizza (thin crust, very light cheese) and counted that as my afternoon snack. and even after eating dinner, i was still within my calorie range for the day. so i consider that a success!

today was also my day to lift weights with my trainer, followed by an hour long spin class. last week was the first time i did them together, and i was HURTING. today was still rough, but much better than last week. the best part about spin is that if i keep it up, by spring i'll be able to go on some nice bike rides on my own bike!

so my struggle continues to be around slowing down and focusing just on eating when i eat. i can't seem to shake this feeling of needing to do something else at the same time! i think if i follow thru on making space for a table at home and making myself leave my desk at work, it'll be easier to really focus on savoring my food. tomorrow, i'm going out to lunch with a friend... it's our regular friday thing... so i'll just focus on eating more slowly.

i'm really liking having the response cards and find that they're already making an impact on my thinking. but i'm not going to take it for granted and stop... i'm going to keep reading them every day until i reach the point that i wake up in the morning with the thoughts already in my head! i'm going to make this work! i have the tools i need and the support of other people on this journey with me! i can... and i will... succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment