Monday, January 4, 2010

no more lazy mornings

i'm not a morning person, but i've realized that there are not enough waking hours for me to be lazy in the morning... so something's gotta give! tomorrow morning i'm going to work out with my new trainer at 9am, so that's a start. i talked to him this morning and i'm getting more and more excited about the change. he (strongly) encourages the people he trains to take a spin class with him on mondays and wednesdays, so i've got those on my calendar now. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it every time as it's a 12pm class, which means being out of the office from 11:30-1:30 (need time to get there, change, shower, etc), but i'm going to try. this is also part of what prompted my first comment about not being lazy in the morning! one of my problems is figuring out what to do about walking my dog. when i do cardio at the gym, i get this thing in my head that tells me i don't need to go for a walk... but the dog doesn't agree! and the reality is that i can't have too much activity in a day, so i need to turn off the voice that tells me that cardio at the gym entitles me to sit on my butt for the rest of the day!

my plan for tomorrow is to do cardio after my workout, so it'll be a good burn day! and it'll also be a good oportunity for me to practice quieting the voice in my head!!

tonight is definitely a walk night... even if it is raining. i need to stop making excuses for myself and just get myself back in the habit of MOVING!!! i'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment