Sunday, January 3, 2010

haven't done that in a long time

i went to the gym today and lifted weights... all by myself! i honestly can't remember the last time i did that. i used to lift on my own at least 2-3 days a week... and that was in addition to 1 or 2 with my trainer! and then i got lazy. maybe not lazy. i just went from being unemployed to working full time. i do miss being unemployed... especially when it comes to exercise. for that 6 months, i was spending 2+ hours a day in the gym almost every day... and i felt fantastic! but working full time and taking care of all of the other things i need to do... well, 2 hours a day just isn't realistic. but what is? is it realistic to think that i have 1 hour a day to spend at the gym? we make time for things that are important, so i suppose on a lot of levels, it really comes down to me deciding it's important enough to make the time.

in other news, i finally got my copy of the complete beck diet for life. there's a group of people, spearheaded by jen of priorfatgirl.com fame, all reading it, so i figured i'd jump on board. i have the other beck book, but i've never actually read it, but i've heard good things about it, so i'm hopeful about this one. so much of my lack of success with losing weight is in my head... so i'm going to actually take the time and do the work and see if i can tame the negative voices in my head!!!

i've been weighing myself daily again, because that's what worked for me in the past. i was up .2 lbs yesterday and another .4 today, but i'm not stressing about it. i know i've been doing what i need to do and i'll continue with that. if i see a big jump, then i'll be worried! for now, i'm chalking it up to normal daily fluctuations. and besides, i'm only having an official weigh in once a month!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, she recommends weighing every day in the book also to desensitize yourself to the number, as well as realize that daily fluctuations occur,etc. etc. It's a good book - I need to stick with actually doing the exercises from it!! Heheh

    ReplyDelete