Wednesday, January 13, 2010

diet buddy

so i'm reading/working the beck diet for life, and one of the tasks is to find a diet buddy. since i don't have any people around me that can be there for me every day, i've decided to use this blog as my diet buddy... so that means i will be updating daily (unless i'm out of town... which does happen on occassion!). i will also be checking in with my trainer twice a week, and will most likely share the book with him once i'm done reading it (for the first time... i have a feeling it's one that i might need to go back and re-read every once in a while!). anyway, in my daily posts you can expect to see:
~daily change in weight
~whether i completed my tasks
~plan for how i will complete tasks the next day for tasks i don't complete
~requests for help in figuring out what to do

so far, it feels like my biggest challenge is eating slowly and enjoying every bite. i tend to not pay much attention when i'm eating at home because i'm sitting on the couch in front of the tv or laptop (no dining room table in the house!). i also tend to snack while i'm preparing food or cleaning up after meals, so i need to put a stop to that as well. when i'm at work, i usually work thru lunch and eat at my desk. so i need to figure out some better options that will allow me to focus on enjoying and savoring my food. the ideas i've come up with will require some work on my part to prepare, so it will take a few days to make them happen, but here's what i'm thinking.

for home - clear a small space in the corner of the kitchen that's big enough for a tiny table and make that my designated eating area at home

for work - no more eating at my desk. there are other vacant desks in my office, and starting tomorrow, i will eat there.

tonight will be the first day of completing the success skills checklist... i'll post how i did tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment