Tuesday, January 5, 2010

new trainer

i had my first workout with my new trainer this morning, and it went really well! i think he's going to be a good fit for me. he's already made me commit to going to spin class with him tomorrow at lunch time and again on thursday after we finish our next workout. so yay for good change!

as much as i hate having to get up early, i feel so much better during the day when i work out earlier. we still haven't figured out what our regular schedule is going to be... he wants to wait until he can see some of the data from my bodybugg to see what my burn is during different activities... so that makes sense. if things go well on thursday with the workout/spin combo, that might be our regular schedule... who knows.

walking the dog last night was really nice, even though it was raining a bit. thankfully, i went shortly after i got home instead of waiting until after dinner. i've noticed that if i go to late, i have a really hard time getting to sleep... i'm blaming it on the exercise endorphins! the plan is to take her out when i get home tonight as well, and then i think tomorrow is going to be the big day to try to get back to morning walks... we'll see how that goes!

i'm still tracking my food... today is day 9! i feel more in control when i track... i'm not really sure why. i suppose in some ways it takes away the temptation. do i really want to figure out how to log that? sometimes the answer is yes. but more often than not, it's no. so i just stick with what i've planned and go on with my day. i guess the next thing i need to figure out is what are the things that have caused me to STOP tracking and come up with a plan for the future. it's easier to do that when things are going well that when i've derailed!

i'm feeling good about how things are going and hope that feeling sticks around. i've started thinking about my upcoming trip to las vegas. i need to come up with a plan for myself about how to make the best of it. my biggest concern is that not only will i be eating out for every meal and drinking way more than usual (which is not much at all!) and not exercising as strenuously... but i'm pretty sure i'll be battling the pms demons at the same time. it could be a recipe for disaster... so i really need a plan! guess i know what i'll be thinking about on my walk tonight!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great about the new trainer - very cool! 9 days - wow that must feel great. :)

    ReplyDelete