Sunday, June 13, 2010

really??

it looks like it might finally be summer around here, and sadly, my shorts from last year are now too tight. i haven't bought myself clothes in a while, so i decided to just bite the bullet and go shopping... not my favorite thing to do. at my lowest weight (5 years and 50lbs ago) i was wearing a size 14/16 bottom and medium top... today, i had to buy size 20 bottoms and xl tops. i hate it. and i'm so angry at myself for letting this happen. yes, i've managed to keep off 75lbs for 5 years, but it's hard to feel successful when my pants are all too tight!

there are many reasons why i gained so much weight, but the biggest reason is that i stopped putting myself first. i put my husband first. i put my job first. but me... i've been on the back burner. and that has to stop. i did it before, and i was really successful... i just have to find my way back and do it again!

first thing that needs to happen is that i need to get back to the gym! for the past few years, pretty much the only time i'm at the gym is the 2 days a week that i'm working out with my trainer. i can't remember the last time i lifted weights on my own! and as much as i love my walks with my dog, it's just not enough! so i need to make a schedule for myself that includes at least 1 day of lifting on my own and 4 days of cardio. and with that new plan in mind, i bought myself some new workout clothes, so i can't use that as an excuse any more.

the other thing that i need to do is get back to journaling... every day.

here's my plan for working out this week:
monday - weights with trainer & walk with dog
tuesday - spin or elliptical
wednesday - weights with trainer & walk with dog
thursday - spin or elliptical
friday - long walk on the beach
saturday - weights on my own & long walk on the beach
sunday - efx elliptical crosstrainer

friday & sunday are going to include 2-3 hours in the car because we're heading out for a weekend at the beach, but there's a gym about a mile from where we're staying that i've never used before... and i think it's about time i checked it out!

next update... tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment